The Annals of the Cakchiquels – CLICK HERE

• Publisher: Kessinger Publishing
    • ISBN: 9781425497866 (1425497861)
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 236 pages
    • Author: Daniel G. Brinton
    • Release date: May 5, 2006

About The Book

Excerpt from The Annals of the Cakchiquels: The Original Text, With a Translation, Notes and Introduction

Both for its historical and linguistic merits, the document which is presented in this volume is one of the most important in aboriginal American Literature. Written by a native who had grown to adult years before the whites penetrated to his ancestral home, himself a member of the ruling family of one of the most civilized nations of the continent and intimately acquainted with its traditions, his work displays the language in its pure original form, and also preserves the tribal history and a part of the mythology, as they were current before they were in the least affected by European influences.

The translation I offer is directly from the original text, and I am responsible for its errors; but I wish to acknowledge my constant obligations to the manuscript version of the late Abbe Brasseur (de Bourbourg), the distinguished Americanist. Without the assistance obtained from it, I should not have attempted the task; and though I differ frequently from his renderings, this is no more than he himself would have done, as in his later years he spoke of his version as in many passages faulty.

MOBI ebook The Annals of the Cakchiquels Daniel G. Brinton buy cheap for PocketBook. PDF book The Annals of the Cakchiquels download on Bookshop. FictionBook The Annals of the Cakchiquels read iOS. TXT book The Annals of the Cakchiquels by Daniel G. Brinton on Walmart.

Hardback ebook The Annals of the Cakchiquels read online on Mac. FB2 The Annals of the Cakchiquels by Daniel G. Brinton on Booktopia. MP3 The Annals of the Cakchiquels Daniel G. Brinton download. Online ebook The Annals of the Cakchiquels buy for reader on Barnes & Noble.

Paperback book The Annals of the Cakchiquels Daniel G. Brinton read PC on Audible. EPUB The Annals of the Cakchiquels. Hardcover book The Annals of the Cakchiquels buy. EPUB ebook The Annals of the Cakchiquels by Daniel G. Brinton download on Kindle on Books-a-Million.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: The Annals of the Cakchiquels – buy book
あなたの情報: