2020年11月3日 8:20 PM #4273Tressie Brownゲスト
by Jennifer Egan
- Awards: National Book Award Nominee for Fiction (2017), Women’s Prize for Fiction Nominee for Longlist (2018), Andrew Carnegie Medal for Fiction (2018), Walter Scott Prize Nominee (2018), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Historical Fiction (2017)
- Genres: fiction, historical, novels, adult
- Language: english
- Characters: Anna Kerrigan, Eddie Kerrigan, Dexter Styles
- Publisher: Scribner
- Author: Jennifer Egan
- ISBN: 9781476716732 (1476716730)
- Format: hardcover, 438 pages
- Release date: October 3, 2017
- Places: Brooklyn, New York City, New York
About The Book
Anna Kerrigan, nearly twelve years old, accompanies her father to visit Dexter Styles, a man who, she gleans, is crucial to the survival of her father and her family. She is mesmerized by the sea beyond the house and by some charged mystery between the two men.
Years later, her father has disappeared and the country is at war. Anna works at the Brooklyn Naval Yard, where women are allowed to hold jobs that once belonged to men, now soldiers abroad. She becomes the first female diver, the most dangerous and exclusive of occupations, repairing the ships that will help America win the war. One evening at a nightclub, she meets Dexter Styles again, and begins to understand the complexity of her father’s life, the reasons he might have vanished.
With the atmosphere of a noir thriller, Egan’s first historical novel follows Anna and Styles into a world populated by gangsters, sailors, divers, bankers, and union men. Manhattan Beach is a deft, dazzling, propulsive exploration of a transformative moment in the lives and identities of women and men, of America and the world.
MP3 ebook Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan buy on Booktopia. Paperback Manhattan Beach download for reader. MOBI book Manhattan Beach.
Hardback ebook Manhattan Beach Jennifer Egan read online on iPad on IndieBound. FB2 book Manhattan Beach Jennifer Egan buy cheap PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. EPUB Manhattan Beach download.