2020年11月3日 4:54 PM #4240Berit Dietzゲスト
(La Comédie Humaine, #30)
by Honoré de Balzac, Sylvia Raphael, Christopher Prendergast
- Characters: Eugénie Grandet, Félix Grandet, Charles Grandet, Cruchot des Bonfons, Nanon
- Release date: August 28, 2003
- Author: Honoré de Balzac, Sylvia Raphael, Christopher Prendergast
- ISBN: 9780192804747 (019280474X)
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Language: english
- Places: Saumur, France
- Format: paperback, 200 pages
- Series: La Comédie Humaine, #30
- Genres: classics, fiction, france, literature, novels, romance, roman
About The Book
“Who is going to marry Eugenie Grandet?”
This is the question that fills the minds of the inhabitants of Saumur, the setting for Eugenie Grandet (1833), one of the earliest and most famous novels in Balzac’s Comedie humaine. The Grandet household, oppressed by the exacting miserliness of Grandet himself, is jerked violently out of routine by the sudden arrival of Eugenie’s cousin Charles, recently orphaned and penniless. Eugenie’s emotional awakening, stimulated by her love for her cousin, brings her into direct conflict with her father, whose cunning and financial success are matched against her determination to rebel.
Eugenie’s moving story is set against the backdrop of provincial oppression, the vicissitudes of the wine trade, and the workings of the financial system in the aftermath of the French Revolution. It is both a poignant portrayal of private life and a vigorous fictional document of its age.
MOBI book Eugénie Grandet. FB2 ebook Eugénie Grandet Honoré de Balzac read online for reader on IndieBound. Online Eugénie Grandet by Honoré de Balzac buy cheap iPad on Walmart.