• Publisher: Faber & Faber
    • Release date: January 3, 2019
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 42 pages
    • ISBN: 9780571352470 (0571352472)
    • Author: Djuna Barnes
    • Genres: fiction, literature, classics

About The Book

Faber Stories, a landmark series of individual volumes, presents masters of the short story form at work in a range of genres and styles.

‘I have quite changed my mind. I am going to run away and become a boy.’

In these three stories, written by Djuna Barnes under the pseudonym Lydia Steptoe, three characters find themselves on the brink of a sexual awakening — accompanied by guns, whips, and worldly innuendo.

A fourteen-year-old girl plans to become ‘a virago’, until her mother intercepts her first tryst by dressing up as her male lover. A boy of the same age is lured into the forest by his father’s mistress. A woman of forty falls in love and longs to kill herself, so unbearable is the return of the youth she thought she wanted. ‘Alice’, she tells herself, ‘be a man.’

Barnes makes gender and desire seem slippery and joyful — and makes the fictional Lydia Steptoe seem like a writer for our time.

Bringing together past, present and future in our ninetieth year, Faber Stories is a celebratory compendium of collectable work.

FictionBook book The Lydia Steptoe Stories Kindle. MOBI ebook The Lydia Steptoe Stories Djuna Barnes buy on Book Depository. Hardback The Lydia Steptoe Stories by Djuna Barnes read. MP3 The Lydia Steptoe Stories download on Mac on Audible.

PDF ebook The Lydia Steptoe Stories for reader. TXT book The Lydia Steptoe Stories by Djuna Barnes buy cheap on Powells. EPUB The Lydia Steptoe Stories Djuna Barnes read online on iOS on Barnes & Noble. Paperback book The Lydia Steptoe Stories download.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (ePUB) The Lydia Steptoe Stories — 9780571352470
あなたの情報: