2020年11月6日 2:39 PM #5012Bonita Gebelゲスト
A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing
by Eimear McBride
- Release date: June 27, 2013
- ISBN: 9780957185326 (0957185324)
- Awards: Dylan Thomas Prize Nominee (2014), Desmond Elliott Prize (2014), Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize (2013), Women’s Prize for Fiction (2014), Specsavers National Book Award Nominee for International Author of the Year (2014)
- Format: paperback, 205 pages
- Genres: fiction, ireland, contemporary, novels, feminism, adult
- Author: Eimear McBride
- Language: english
- Publisher: Galley Beggar Press
About The Book
Eimear McBride’s debut tells, with astonishing insight and in brutal detail, the story of a young woman’s relationship with her brother, and the long shadow cast by his childhood brain tumour. Not so much a stream of consciousness, as an unconscious railing against a life that makes little sense, and a shocking and intimate insight into the thoughts, feelings and chaotic sexuality of a vulnerable and isolated protagonist. To read A Girl Is A Half-Formed Thing is to plunge inside its narrator’s head, experiencing her world first-hand. This isn’t always comfortable — but it is always a revelation.
Touching on everything from family violence to sexuality and the personal struggle to remain intact in times of intense trauma, McBride writes with singular intensity, acute sensitivity and mordant wit. A Girl is a Half-formed Thing is moving, funny — and alarming. It is a book you will never forget.
Hardcover book A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing Eimear McBride buy. FictionBook A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing read online for iPhone on Dymocks. Paperback ebook A Girl Is a Half-formed Thing by Eimear McBride download on Kindle on Booktopia.2020年11月6日 3:09 PM #5018mujin-hanbaiゲスト
Babylon’s Ashes by James S.A. Corey ~ 9780356504261